General Meeting Notes - March 24, 2021
- Category: Board Meeting Notes
- Published: Fri. Apr 16, 2021
March 24, 2021 at LaCasa’s
- President, Barbara Egr called the meeting to order at 11:45 am, 14 members.
- Secretary, Linda Leary-General meeting minutes of the February 24, 2021 meeting were sent in the March newsletter.
- Treasurer Report, JoAnne Nielsen-Checking Account Balance: $4,426.46
A.N.A.C. (Association of NE Art Clubs)
Dick Brown, Jo Anne Nielsen, Linda Jones, Karen Lastovica
Jo Anne Nielsen will provide details in the April newsletter.
- Show selection, Friday, April 16, 10-10:30 am, pick up noon, Lutheran Church of the Master;
- Maximum 2 pieces; Socially distanced and masks required.
Barbara Egr reported the Spring Virtual Art Show details:
- Opening May 1, Theme-Shadows;
- No glass or frame for Steve Reese to photo artwork;
- Zoom Reception with Judge Deb Murphy’s awards and comments on May 8, 2pm;
- Linda Bernett will co-chair the 2021-2022 shows with Sharon Clawson.
Katie Johnson JoAnne Nielsen, Susan Stevens
Jo Anne Nielsen reported:
- Need more than 114 recipes in all categories except hamburger casseroles;
- 24 colored images chosen from LaCasa’s Nov. 2019 show, “Farm to Kitchen;”
- Submission permission sent to artists;
- Price $15-$20; consider for gifts;
- Katie Johnson will post the needs on OAI Facebook page;
- 7-9 weeks printing time; submitting to publisher on April 30.
Linda Bernett reported it is on hiatus due to covid; resume in September.
Shirley Schmidt, Sheila Scarborough, Rhonda Bruggeman
Shirley will include the April 24 Fun Shop details in the April newsletter:
- FUN SHOP SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 9AM-2PM, Lutheran Church of the Master;
- Reservations, social distancing and masks required;
- Instructor: Karen Thurlow, Gallery 92, “Loosen Up & Get Creative;”
- 2021-2022 Chairman Judy Freeland with Linda Leary assisting;
- May19 Instructor, Cassie Hubbs, recipient of 2020 OAI Scholarship.
Patti Kounkel, Event Coordinator
Katie Johnson reported Patti’s current plans:
- Dinner and dancing, black tie, silent auction, cookbook sales, artists’ vendor booths;
- Katie Johnson needs corporate sponsor suggestions;
- Unsuccessful contact with Omaha Arts Council Director, Mr. Harper.
Linda Guynn, Sue Loyd
- Board meeting, April 28, 11am, Anthony’s Ozone Lounge; noon Lunch/General meeting/program;
- Reservations required by April 24 with Linda Guynn at 402-618-0347;
- Barbara Egr thanked Linda Guynn for contacting all board members for revised LaCasa’s entrance and seating plan.
Katie Johnson is updating the media contacts list.
Barbara Egr announced handouts from Sarah McWilliams’ January 27 zoom presentation will be on OAI’s webpage.
Katie Johnson reported 2021-2022 officers needed are Vice President and Recording Secretary. Sherry Reese-President; Barbara Egr-Advisor and Newsletter Chairman.
Jo Anne Nielsen, Susan Stevens
Jo Anne Nielsen reported 120 active members.
Barbara requested articles be submitted to Danielle on Friday, March 26 or Saturday, March 27, USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS news at omahaartistsinc.com.
Barbara Egr, Sherry Reese, Vickey Timperley
- April 28, 2021, Fabric artist, Lori Mach, “Why Color Matters;”
- Required reservation by April 24; social distancing/masks required.
- Winter virtual show prize-winning artists get pieces at Mayor's Gallery at noon, March 31;
- Rhonda Bruggeman/Barbara Egr’s Song of Summer Show, Passage Way Gallery;
- Genie Schaefer Scholarship Winners: Watercolorist, Liz Thurman, Cold Wax Artist, Duane Pieper
Motion to adjourn at 1:10pm-JoAnne Nielsen, Shirley Schmidt seconded.
Members’ vote to adjourn was unanimous.
Respectfully submitted by Linda Leary, Recording Secretary
Cards were sent to the following new members Jan Cline-Zimmerman, Glenda Stone and Erin Sanders.